Sunday, May 2, 2021

Technology I learned About

 It was an interesting time hearing about all sorts of technologies about how they were started. I was particularly interested in how the personal computer got started and its evolution. I never really thought about it, but the idea of having a computer at home would be pretty revolutionary, especially since computers at the time were giant machines that filled up entire rooms only used for calculations and processing. I had never heard of the Altair 8800, and apparently it was the very first personal computer. Another thing that's hard to think about as someone from my generation is computers only having a terminal for executing commands and nothing else. Now I understand why the Apple Macintosh computer was so significant. It was the first personal computer to have a mouse and a user interface that could be interacted with. And with that, came a whole new wave of computer users, for creativity.

I also watched this recently: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

I have had a rather odd past with technology. My father keeps up to date with all the latest Apple products. He buys us the new iPhones for ...