Monday, April 5, 2021

Steven Crowder Banned from Youtube


 

It came to my attention very recently that Steven Crowder once again had his YouTube partnership pulled from the platform. This was not the first time this has happened. Last time they were banned from uploading, it was because their conflict with the other political YouTube channel, Vox. Nearly everyone on the internet banded to together to criticize the decision. But now, it has happened again.

This brings up the discussion of both Prior Restraints vs Subsequent Punishments and whether a cyber space platform, such as as YouTube should be considered a "Public Accommodation." What's interesting to me is that YouTube will not provide which videos caused the decision according to The Verge.

The Verge

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship with Technology

I have had a rather odd past with technology. My father keeps up to date with all the latest Apple products. He buys us the new iPhones for ...